Communities Also Named Connelly ...
We have found two communities that share the name Connelly.
Within Alberta, the name Connelly is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Fulton County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Kentucky community of Connelly [Fulton County].
- New York
- Ulster County
- This Connelly is located in Ulster County and lies 1,856 miles [2,986.9 km]<2> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Connelly
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Ulster County community of Connelly.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Connelly ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Blackfoot (26 miles [41.8 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfoot
- Blackfoot lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the east of Connelly
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfoot
- Greenshields (27 miles [43.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenshields
- Greenshields lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the south of Connelly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greenshields came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenshields
- Lone Rock (39 miles [62.8 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lone Rock
- Lone Rock lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> to the east of Connelly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lone Rock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lone Rock
- Mannville (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northwest)
- Paradise Valley (21 miles [33.8 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Connelly
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Valley
How Far From Connelly to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Connelly to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Connelly and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 115 miles [185.1 km]<2> to the west northwest (WNW). If you could drive a straight line from Connelly to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,648 miles [2,652.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,217 miles [10,005.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,985 miles [11,241.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,049 miles [8,125.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Connelly
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Connelly. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Connelly could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Connelly) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Connelly. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.1833, Longitude: -110.7833 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Connelly to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.632 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.246 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.419 degrees.||