Our Genealogy Helper for Cochrane Lake ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Cochrane Lake (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Cochrane Lake. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Cochrane Lake:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Cochrane Lake ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Cochrane Lake.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Cochrane Lake covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Mitford Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mitford Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Mitford Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mitford Cemetery
- St. Andrew's Cemetery
- St. Mary's RC Cemetery
- West Brook Cemetery
- Springbank United Church Cemetery
- Wesley Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wesley Cemetery
- Wesley Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the west of Cochrane Lake.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wesley Cemetery
- Eden Brook Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Eden Brook Memorial Gardens
- The Eden Brook Memorial Gardens is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Calgary.More accurately, Eden Brook Memorial Gardens lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Cochrane Lake.
- Eden Brook Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Holy Family Catholic Cemetery
- Holy Family Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eden Brook Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1035052<2>
- Cremona Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cremona Cemetery
- The Cremona Cemetery is located less than 2 miles<3> to the northwest of Cremona.To be more accurate, Cremona Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km] to the north of Cochrane Lake.
- Cremona Cemetery has also been known as:
- Cemona Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cremona Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2513584<2>
- Queen's Park Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Queen's Park Cemetery
- The Queen's Park Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located in Calgary.Stated another way, Queen's Park Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the southeast of Cochrane Lake.
- Queen's Park Cemetery has also been known as:
- Calgary Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Queen's Park Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #639344<2>
- Airdrie Cemetery
- St. Barnabas Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Barnabas Anglican Church Cemetery
- St. Barnabas Anglican Church Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the southeast of Cochrane Lake.
- St. Barnabas Anglican Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Barnabas Anglican Church Yard Cemetery
- St. Barnabas Anglican Churchyard Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Barnabas Anglican Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2235517<2>
- St. Marys Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Marys Cemetery
- St. Marys Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the southeast of Cochrane Lake.
- St. Marys Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Marys Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Marys Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2149969<2>
- Continue List (21 more) ...
- St. Mary's Cemetery
- St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery
- St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery
- The St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Calgary.To be precise, St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the southeast of Cochrane Lake.
- St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery has also been known as:
- Roman Catholic (RC) Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2236429<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Cochrane Lake. See our List of 1890's Communities around Cochrane Lake.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cochrane Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cochrane Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cochrane Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cochrane LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cochrane Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.2475, Longitude: -114.4775 |