Our Genealogy Helper for Clandonald ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Clandonald (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Clandonald. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Clandonald:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Clandonald ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Clandonald.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Clandonald covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Dewberry Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Dewberry Cemetery
- Dewberry Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Clandonald.
- Dewberry Cemetery has also been known as:
- Dewberry Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dewberry Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2231682<2>
- Ascension Ruth Greek Catholic Cemetery
- Christ Church Anglican / Tring Cemetery
- Vermilion Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Vermilion Cemetery
- Vermilion Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the south of Clandonald.
- Vermilion Cemetery has also been known as:
- Vermilion Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vermilion Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2231686<2>
- Marwayne Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Marwayne Cemetery
- The Marwayne Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Marwayne.To be more accurate, Marwayne Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the east of Clandonald.
- Marwayne Cemetery has also been known as:
- Marwayne Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marwayne Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2306576<2>
- Bohdan Pokrowa Cemetery
- Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Frog Lake Cemetery
- Elk Point West Cemetery
- Mannville Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mannville Cemetery
- The Mannville Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the east of Mannville.To be more precise, Mannville Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southwest of Clandonald.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mannville Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2377043<2>
- St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery
- The St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the south of Myrnam.To be precise, St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km] to the northwest of Clandonald.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Peter Ukrainian Independent Cemetery
- St. Michael Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Michael Cemetery
- The St. Michael Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the south of Myrnam.To be more precise, St. Michael Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km] to the northwest of Clandonald.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Michael Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2531916<2>
- Continue List (13 more) ...
- St. Michael Cemetery
- Ferguson Flats Cemetery
- Beauvallon Seventh Day Adventist Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beauvallon Seventh Day Adventist Church Cemetery
- Beauvallon Seventh Day Adventist Church Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the west of Clandonald.
- Beauvallon Seventh Day Adventist Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beauvallon Seventh Day Adventist Church Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Clandonald. See our List of 1890's Communities around Clandonald.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Clandonald
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Clandonald. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Clandonald) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Clandonald. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ClandonaldOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Clandonald. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5720, Longitude: -110.7141 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|