Our Genealogy Helper for Cherhill ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Cherhill (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Cherhill. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Cherhill:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Cherhill ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Cherhill.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Cherhill covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- South Park Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the South Park Cemetery
- South Park Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the west of Cherhill.
- South Park Cemetery has also been known as:
- South Point Cemetery
- Southpark Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Park Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2365546<2>
- Darwell Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Darwell Cemetery
- Darwell Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the south of Cherhill.
- Darwell Cemetery has also been known as:
- Darwell County Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darwell Cemetery
- Rich Valley Cemetery
- St. John Evangelist Cemetery
- Evansburg Cemetery
- Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery
- The Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery is located 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the north of Barrhead.To be more accurate, Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km] to the northeast of Cherhill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belvedere Community Church / All Saints Cemetery
- Our Lady of Lourdes Cemetery
- Mosside Agnes United Church Cemetery
- All Saints Cemetery
- Wabamun Cemetery
- Lac Ste. Anne Cemetery
- St. John Anglican Cemetery
- Continue List (33 more) ...
- Poynter Memorial Cemetery
- Mayerthorpe Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mayerthorpe Cemetery
- The Mayerthorpe Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the west of Mayerthorpe.More accurately, Mayerthorpe Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Cherhill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mayerthorpe Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2163501<2>
- Smithfield Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Smithfield Cemetery
- Smithfield Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Cherhill.
- Smithfield Cemetery has also been known as:
- Smithfield / Wabamum Cemetery
- Wabamum Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smithfield Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2546843<2>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Cherhill. See our List of 1890's Communities around Cherhill.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cherhill. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cherhill) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cherhill. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CherhillOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cherhill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8203, Longitude: -114.6789 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|