Curious and Interesting Names Near Chedderville ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Condor
- Condor lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Chedderville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Condor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dickson
- Dickson lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the east of Chedderville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dickson came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dickson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferrier
- Ferrier lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Chedderville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ferrier came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ferrier
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leslieville
- Leslieville lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Chedderville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leslieville
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lodge
- Lodge lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the north of Chedderville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lodge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Raven
- Raven lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the east of Chedderville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Raven came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Raven
- Rocky Mountain House
- Spruce View
How Far From Chedderville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Chedderville to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Chedderville and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 109 miles [175.4 km]<1> to the north northeast (NNE). If you could drive a straight line from Chedderville to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,815 miles [2,921 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 104 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,356 miles [10,229 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,122 miles [11,461.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,210 miles [8,384.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Chedderville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Chedderville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Chedderville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Chedderville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chedderville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.1735, Longitude: -114.8346
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Chedderville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.886 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.849 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.285 degrees.||