A visit to the Jasper Municipality Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Jasper Municipality Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Jasper Municipality Cemetery (FAG ID #2278852)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere.
We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site.
Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Jasper Municipality Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Jasper Municipality Cemetery
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Jasper Municipality Cemetery
Lat: 52.9016° (52° 54' 5")
Lon: -118.0670° (-118° 4' 1")
Name Variations for Jasper Municipality Cemetery ...
When doing your research, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Various errors happen - anything from simple spelling to bad translations.
Jasper Municipality Cemetery has also been known as:
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Jasper Municipality Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Alberta:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Jasper Municipality Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Disaster Stories from Alberta
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 5 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> of the Jasper Municipality Cemetery.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brule
- Brule lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the north of Jasper Municipality Cemetery.
- Brule has also been known as:
- Brule Mines
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brule
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brule<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lucerne
- Lucerne lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the west of Jasper Municipality Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lucerne came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lucerne
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pocahontas
- Pocahontas lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the north of Jasper Municipality Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pocahontas came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pocahontas
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yellowhead
- Yellowhead lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the west of Jasper Municipality Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Yellowhead came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yellowhead
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 3 cemeteries that are within 40 miles [64.4 km] of the Jasper Municipality Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
- Brule Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Brule Cemetery
- The Brule Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Brule.Stated another way, Brule Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the north of Jasper Municipality Cemetery.
- Brule Cemetery has also been known as:
- Brule Mines Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brule Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2618345<1>
- Mountain Park Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mountain Park Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Mountain Park Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Mountain Park Cemetery lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the east of Jasper Municipality Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain Park Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2403502<1>
- Woodlawn Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Woodlawn Cemetery
- Woodlawn Cemetery lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Jasper Municipality Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodlawn Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we continue to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Jasper Municipality Cemetery:
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: #2278852
- Referenced Books / Documents ...
- Alberta Sources - Cemeteries and other surname sources (Feb. 2007)
- Written by: Alberta Genealogical Society and other researchers, societies and groups
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Jasper Municipality Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9016, Longitude: -118.0670 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|