Our Genealogy Helper for Carseland ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Carseland (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Carseland. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Carseland:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Carseland ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Carseland.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Carseland covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Dalemead Cemetery
- Strathmore Cemetery
- Davisburg Cemetery
- Blackie Cemetery
- Gleichen Cemetery
- Mt. View Mennonite Cemetery
- Mountain View Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mountain View Memorial Gardens
- Mountain View Memorial Gardens lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Carseland.
- Mountain View Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain View Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2130381<2>
- Frankburg Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Frankburg Cemetery
- Frankburg Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the south of Carseland.
- Frankburg Cemetery has also been known as:
- Frankburg Mormon Pioneer Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frankburg Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2404290<2>
- Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northwest of Carseland.
- Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery has also been known as:
- Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Rockyview Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky View Garden of Peace Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2131236<2>
- Okotoks Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Okotoks Cemetery
- Okotoks Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the west of Carseland.
- Okotoks Cemetery has also been known as:
- Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Okotoks Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #639341<2>
- Highwood Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Highwood Cemetery
- Highwood Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Carseland.
- Highwood Cemetery has also been known as:
- High River Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Highwood Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2180755<2>
- Standard Cemetery
- Continue List (21 more) ...
- St. Marys Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Marys Cemetery
- St. Marys Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Carseland.
- St. Marys Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Marys Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Marys Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2149969<2>
- St. Mary's Cemetery
- St. Mary's Pioneer Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Carseland. See our List of 1890's Communities around Carseland.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Carseland. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Carseland) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carseland. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CarselandOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carseland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.8500, Longitude: -113.4667 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|