Welcome to Cardiff ...
Although we found mention of Cardiff during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Cardiff was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Cardiff to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Cardiff, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Cardiff might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Cardiff would be found within the (780) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Cardiff ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 15 communities that are also named Cardiff - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland (2), New Jersey, New York, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cardiff.
Communities near Cardiff ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cardiff.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Edmonton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edmonton
- Edmonton lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Cardiff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edmonton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Edmonton
- Saint Albert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Albert came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Albert
- Saint Albert lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the south of Cardiff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Albert
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint Albert
- Fort Saskatchewan
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Bon Accord
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bon Accord came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bon Accord
- Bon Accord lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Cardiff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bon Accord
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bon Accord
- Upper Manor Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Upper Manor Estates
- Upper Manor Estates lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the south of Cardiff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Upper Manor Estates
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Namao came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Namao
- Namao lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Cardiff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Namao
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vimy
- Vimy lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of Cardiff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vimy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Calahoo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Calahoo
- Calahoo lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the west of Cardiff
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Calahoo
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cardiff ...
Looking for more information about Cardiff? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Cardiff, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Cardiff.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Cardiff and then turned west". While Cardiff could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Cardiff as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Cardiff could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cardiff) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cardiff. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cardiff
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cardiff. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7833, Longitude: -113.6000