Curious and Interesting Names Near Cadotte Lake ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- East Peace (less than 2 miles to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Peace
- East Peace lies less than 2 miles<1> to the east of Cadotte Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for East Peace came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Peace
- Little Buffalo (9 miles [14.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Buffalo
- Little Buffalo lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the west of Cadotte Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Little Buffalo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Buffalo
- Peace River (38 miles [61.2 km] to the southwest)
- Three Creeks (27 miles [43.5 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Three Creeks
- Three Creeks lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Cadotte Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Three Creeks came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Creeks
How Far From Cadotte Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Cadotte Lake to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Cadotte Lake and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 231 miles [371.8 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Cadotte Lake to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 14 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,892 miles [3,044.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 74 days and walking would take 108 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,112 miles [9,836.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,874 miles [11,062.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,013 miles [8,067.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cadotte Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cadotte Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cadotte Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cadotte LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cadotte Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.4698, Longitude: -116.3792 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Cadotte Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.155 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 337.612 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.586 degrees.||