List of Neighboring Cemeteries ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Burdett (within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>). The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are located in .
- Alderson / Carlstadt Cemetery
(30 miles [48.3 km] to the north)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Alderson / Carlstadt Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Alderson.
- The Alderson / Carlstadt Cemetery has also been known as:
- Alderson Cemetery
- Carlstadt Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alderson / Carlstadt Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Alderson / Carlstadt Cemetery
- Assumption Cemetery
(9 miles [14.5 km] to the southwest)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Assumption Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Grassy Lake.
- The Assumption Cemetery has also been known as:
- Assumption Catholic Cemetery
- Assumption RC Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Catholic Cemetery
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Assumption Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Assumption Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2214187 <2>
- Bow Island Cemetery
(5 miles [8 km] to the east)
- Burdett Community Cemetery
(Less than 2 miles to the west)
- Fertile Plains Cemetery
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the southeast)
- Foremost Cemetery
(25 miles [40.2 km] to the south)
- Grassy Lake Praire View Cemetery
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the west)
- Nemiskam Cemetery
(27 miles [43.5 km] to the south)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Nemiskam Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Nemiskam Cemetery is located in Nemiskam.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Nemiskam Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Nemiskam Cemetery
- Purple Springs Cemetery
(18 miles [29 km] to the west)
- Rolling Hills Cemetery
(29 miles [46.7 km] to the northwest)
- St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the southeast)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery is located 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the south of Etzikom.
- The St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- St. Anthony's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on St. Anthony RC Church Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2548158 <2>
- St. Joseph's Cemetery
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- Seven Persons Cemetery
(27 miles [43.5 km] to the east)
- Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
(29 miles [46.7 km] to the west)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the north of Taber.
- The Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery has also been known as:
- Taber Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Cemetery
- Taber Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Taber Memorial Garden Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2207513 <2>
- Westview Cemetery of Grassy Lake
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- Whitla Cemetery
(20 miles [32.2 km] to the east)
In Closing ...
If you know of any cemeteries that we are missing in the area of Burdett, can you supply us with the name of the cemetery, its GPS location, whether the cemetery is still in use or if it is historic (ie- defunct, abandoned, etc.). If it applies, we would also like to learn of any past or alternate names that the cemetery has been known by.
If you don't know the GPS location (ie- the latitude/longitude) of a cemetery, please use our Map Page for Burdett to determine the cemetery's position (the instructions for finding the latitude/longitude can be found below the map).
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Burdett.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Burdett. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
Looking for information about genealogy? These are excellent websites to start with when searching in and around the area of Burdett:
Links at Cyndi's List:
for Province of Alberta
Links at Family Search:
for Province of Alberta
We have a longer, more detailed list of websites on our Genealogy Helper Page for Burdett.
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Burdett) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Burdett. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BurdettOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burdett. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.8468, Longitude: -111.4997 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|