Around Buffalo ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Oyen. It is located about 39 miles [62 km] to the north of Buffalo.
The next largest community is Burstall (SK).
It is located about 35 miles [ km] to the east of Buffalo
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Buffalo.<2>
- Acadia Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Acadia Valley
- Acadia Valley lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Acadia Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bindloss
- Bindloss lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the east of Buffalo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bindloss came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bindloss
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hilda
- Hilda lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hilda
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Iddesleigh
- Iddesleigh lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the west of Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Iddesleigh
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jenner
- Jenner lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the west of Buffalo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jenner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jenner
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Jenner<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burstall
- Burstall lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the east of Buffalo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burstall
Curious and Interesting Names Near Buffalo ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Buffalo.
Airports Near Buffalo ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Buffalo and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Buffalo.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Buffalo. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Buffalo were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Buffalo) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Buffalo. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BuffaloOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Buffalo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.8000, Longitude: -110.6833 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Buffalo), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|