Curious and Interesting Names Near Buffalo Head Prairie ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Buffalo Head Prairie, Rocky Lane is located 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the North
How Far From Buffalo Head Prairie to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Buffalo Head Prairie to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Buffalo Head Prairie and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 334 miles [537.5 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Buffalo Head Prairie to Edmonton, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 19 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 13 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,897 miles [3,052.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 75 days and walking would take 108 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,999 miles [9,654.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,761 miles [10,880.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,913 miles [7,906.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Visit our Community Index for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Buffalo Head Prairie. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Buffalo Head Prairie) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Buffalo Head Prairie. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Buffalo Head PrairieOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Buffalo Head Prairie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.1723, Longitude: -116.0682 |
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Buffalo Head Prairie to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.871 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 337.427 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.027 degrees.||