Welcome to Buffalo Head Prairie ...
A typical abbreviation for Buffalo Head Prairie: Buffalo Head Pr.
Time Zone: Buffalo Head Prairie lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Buffalo Head Prairie: (780) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Buffalo Head Prairie: T0H<2>
Communities near Buffalo Head Prairie ...
We have created a list of 4 communities that are near Buffalo Head Prairie.
- La Crete (12 miles [19.3 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Crete
- La Crete lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the west of Buffalo Head Prairie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for La Crete came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Crete
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for La Crete<5>
- Fort Vermilion (14 miles [22.5 km] to the north)
- Rocky Lane (20 miles [32.2 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Lane
- Rocky Lane lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the north of Buffalo Head Prairie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Lane
- Beaver Ranch 163 (21 miles [33.8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Ranch 163
- Beaver Ranch 163 lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the northeast of Buffalo Head Prairie
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Ranch 163 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Ranch 163
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Buffalo Head Prairie ...
Looking for more information about Buffalo Head Prairie? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Buffalo Head Prairie, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Buffalo Head Prairie.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Buffalo Head Prairie. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Buffalo Head Prairie, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Buffalo Head Prairie). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Buffalo Head Prairie or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Buffalo Head Prairie) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Buffalo Head Prairie. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Buffalo Head PrairieOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Buffalo Head Prairie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.1723, Longitude: -116.0682 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|