Welcome to Fort Vermilion ...
A typical abbreviation for Fort Vermilion: Ft. Vermilion
Fort Vermilion is 850 feet [259 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Fort Vermilion lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Fort Vermilion: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Fort Vermilion: T0H<3>
Communities near Fort Vermilion ...
We have created a list of 5 communities that are near Fort Vermilion.
- La Crete
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Crete
- La Crete lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southwest of Fort Vermilion
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for La Crete came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Crete
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for La Crete<6>
- Beaver Ranch 163
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Ranch 163
- Beaver Ranch 163 lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the east of Fort Vermilion
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Ranch 163 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Ranch 163
- Rocky Lane
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Lane
- Rocky Lane lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Fort Vermilion
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Lane
- Buffalo Head Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo Head Prairie
- Buffalo Head Prairie lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Fort Vermilion
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buffalo Head Prairie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo Head Prairie
- Bushe River 207
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bushe River 207
- Bushe River 207 lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<4> to the west of Fort Vermilion
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bushe River 207 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bushe River 207
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Fort Vermilion ...
Looking for more information about Fort Vermilion? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Fort Vermilion, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Fort Vermilion.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fort Vermilion. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Fort Vermilion - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Fort Vermilion). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Fort Vermilion or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fort Vermilion) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fort Vermilion. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fort VermilionOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort Vermilion. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.3868, Longitude: -116.0181 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|