Communities Also Named Buck Lake ...
We found one communities that share the name Buck Lake.
Within Alberta, the name Buck Lake is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Buck Lake in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Buck Lake lies 1,816 miles [2,922.6 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Buck Lake
Curious and Interesting Names Near Buck Lake ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Fern Creek
(26 miles [41.8 km] to the northeast)
- Fisher Home
(28 miles [45.1 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fisher Home came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fisher Home
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Fisher Home
(28 miles [45.1 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Leedale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leedale
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Leedale
(22 miles [35.4 km] to the northwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lodgepole came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lodgepole
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Lodgepole
- Poplar Bay
(30 miles [48.3 km] to the east)
- Rocky Rapids
(24 miles [38.6 km] to the north)
- Round Valley
(29 miles [46.7 km] to the north)
(31 miles [49.9 km] to the north)
- Violet Grove
(17 miles [27.4 km] to the northwest)
How Far From Buck Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Buck Lake to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Buck Lake and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 69 miles [111 km]<1> to the northeast (NE). If you could walk a straight line from Buck Lake to Edmonton, with an average speed<3> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take three full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,815 miles [2,921 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 104 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,308 miles [10,151.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,074 miles [11,384.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,169 miles [8,318.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Buck Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Buck Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Buck Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Buck LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Buck Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.9379, Longitude: -114.8371 |
|<2>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Buck Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.898 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 335.923 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.163 degrees.||