Communities Also Named Brosseau ...
We have found one communities that share the name Brosseau.
Within Alberta, the name Brosseau is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Brosseau in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Brosseau lies 1,779 miles [2,863 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brosseau
Curious and Interesting Names Near Brosseau ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Chipman (39 miles [62.8 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chipman
- Chipman lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the west of Brosseau
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chipman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chipman
- Elk Point (32 miles [51.5 km] to the east)
- Hairy Hill (12 miles [19.3 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hairy Hill
- Hairy Hill lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the west of Brosseau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hairy Hill
- Horseshoe Bay (26 miles [41.8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Horseshoe Bay
- Horseshoe Bay lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Brosseau
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Horseshoe Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Horseshoe Bay
- Mannville (36 miles [57.9 km] to the southeast)
- Owlseye (22 miles [35.4 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Owlseye
- Owlseye lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Brosseau
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Owlseye came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Owlseye
- Saddle Lake (13 miles [20.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saddle Lake
- Saddle Lake lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the north of Brosseau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saddle Lake
- Smoky Lake (39 miles [62.8 km] to the northwest)
- Two Hills (5 miles [8 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Hills
- Two Hills lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the southwest of Brosseau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Hills
How Far From Brosseau to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Brosseau to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Brosseau and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 76 miles [122.3 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Brosseau to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,688 miles [2,716.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 96 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,198 miles [9,974.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,965 miles [11,209.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,042 miles [8,114.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Brosseau. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Brosseau) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Brosseau. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BrosseauOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brosseau. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7833, Longitude: -111.6833 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Brosseau to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.354 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.116 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.90 degrees.||