Around Boyer ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is High Level. It is located about 33 miles [53 km] to the west of Boyer.
The next largest community is La Crete.
It is located about 14 miles [ km] to the south of Boyer
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Boyer.<2>
- Beaver Ranch 163
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Ranch 163
- Beaver Ranch 163 lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the east of Boyer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Ranch 163 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Ranch 163
- Buffalo Head Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo Head Prairie
- Buffalo Head Prairie lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Boyer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Buffalo Head Prairie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo Head Prairie
- Bushe River 207
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bushe River 207
- Bushe River 207 lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the west of Boyer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bushe River 207 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bushe River 207
- Fort Vermilion
- High Level
- La Crete
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Crete
- La Crete lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the south of Boyer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for La Crete came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on La Crete
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for La Crete<4>
- Rocky Lane
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Lane
- Rocky Lane lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Boyer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Lane
Curious and Interesting Names Near Boyer ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Boyer.
Airports Near Boyer ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Boyer and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Boyer.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Boyer were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Boyer) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Boyer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.3851, Longitude: -116.2592 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Boyer), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|