Curious and Interesting Names Near Borradaile ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Blackfoot (22 miles [35.4 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfoot
- Blackfoot lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the east of Borradaile
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfoot
- Elk Point (39 miles [62.8 km] to the north)
- Lone Rock (40 miles [64.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lone Rock
- Lone Rock lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Borradaile
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lone Rock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lone Rock
- Mannville (19 miles [30.6 km] to the west)
- Marshall (39 miles [62.8 km] to the east)
- Paradise Valley (26 miles [41.8 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Borradaile
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Valley
How Far From Borradaile to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Borradaile to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Borradaile and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 116 miles [186.7 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Borradaile to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,646 miles [2,649 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,206 miles [9,987.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,973 miles [11,222 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,038 miles [8,107.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Borradaile
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Borradaile. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Borradaile) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Borradaile. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BorradaileOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Borradaile. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.3460, Longitude: -110.7001 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Borradaile to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.565 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.186 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.331 degrees.||