Curious and Interesting Names Near Blackfalds ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Birchcliff (13 miles [20.9 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birchcliff
- Birchcliff lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the west of Blackfalds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Birchcliff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birchcliff
- Gull Lake (8 miles [12.9 km] to the northwest)
- Half Moon Bay (16 miles [25.7 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the west of Blackfalds
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Half Moon Bay
- Markerville (23 miles [37 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Markerville
- Markerville lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southwest of Blackfalds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Markerville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Markerville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Markerville<3>
- Red Deer (7 miles [11.3 km] to the south)
- Rosedale Valley (7 miles [11.3 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosedale Valley
- Rosedale Valley lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the north of Blackfalds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rosedale Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosedale Valley
- Springbrook (14 miles [22.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springbrook
- Springbrook lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the south of Blackfalds
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springbrook
- Sunbreaker Cove (16 miles [25.7 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunbreaker Cove
- Sunbreaker Cove lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the west of Blackfalds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunbreaker Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunbreaker Cove
How Far From Blackfalds to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Blackfalds to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Blackfalds and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 81 miles [130.4 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Blackfalds to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,771 miles [2,850.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 70 days and walking would take 101 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,324 miles [10,177.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,091 miles [11,411.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,172 miles [8,323.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Blackfalds
Mentions & References for Blackfalds
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Blackfalds: www.blackfalds.com/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Blackfalds) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Blackfalds. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BlackfaldsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Blackfalds. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3809, Longitude: -113.7954 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Blackfalds to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 334.049 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.915 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.561 degrees.||