Our Genealogy Helper for Bentley ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Bentley (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Bentley. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Bentley:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
Cemeteries Near Bentley ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Bentley.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Bentley covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are listed based on their distance from Bentley, with the one closest to Bentley listed first.
- Bentley Cemetery
(Less than 2 miles to the southeast)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Bentley Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the southeast of Bentley.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Bentley Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2414665 <1>
- Bentley Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
(2 miles [3.2 km] to the south)
- Bentley Colony Cemetery
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the southeast)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Bentley Colony Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Bentley.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bentley Colony Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Bentley Colony Cemetery
- Vig Cemetery
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the west)
- Woody Nook Christian Reformed Church Cemetery
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the southeast)
- Aspelund Cemetery
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the southeast)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Aspelund Cemetery is located 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Red Deer.
- The Aspelund Cemetery has also been known as:
- Aspeland Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Aspelund Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Aspelund Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2500225 <1>
- Lakeview Cemetery
(11 miles [17.7 km] to the south)
- Blackfalds Cemetery
(11 miles [17.7 km] to the southeast)
- Kuusamo Cemetery
(12 miles [19.3 km] to the southwest)
- West Meadows Cemetery
(12 miles [19.3 km] to the south)
- Fairview Cemetery
(13 miles [20.9 km] to the east)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Fairview Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Lacombe.
- The Fairview Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lacombe Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Fairview Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Fairview Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2239693 <1>
- Mt. Auburn Cemetery
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the northwest)
- Continue List (14 more) ...
- Eckville Cemetery
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the southwest)
- Mt. Calvary RC Cemetery
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast)
- West Haven Cemetery
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the northwest)
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Bentley. See our List of 1890's Communities around Bentley.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bentley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bentley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bentley. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BentleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bentley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4671, Longitude: -114.0447 |