Our Genealogy Helper for Bellshill ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Bellshill (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Bellshill. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Bellshill:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Bellshill ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Bellshill.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Bellshill covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Merna United Church Cemetery
- High Mound Cemetery
- Merna Seventh Day Adventist Cemetery
- Lougheed Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lougheed Cemetery
- The Lougheed Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the south of Lougheed.To be more accurate, Lougheed Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the north of Bellshill.
- Lougheed Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lougheed Village Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lougheed Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1968319<2>
- Alliance Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Alliance Cemetery
- The Alliance Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Alliance.More accurately, Alliance Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Bellshill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance Cemetery
- Galahad Cemetery
- Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery
- Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Bellshill.
- Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery has also been known as:
- Sedgewick Cemetery
- Sedgewick Town Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2436170<2>
- Fairfield Cemetery
- Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery
- Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the west of Bellshill.
- Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Pleasington Zion Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pleasington Zion Lutheran Free Church Cemetery
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the north of Bellshill.
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trinity Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Killam Cemetery
- Amisk Park Luteran Cemetery
- Continue List (27 more) ...
- Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Brown Family Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Brown Family Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Brown Family Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Brown Family Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the east of Bellshill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brown Family Cemetery
- Bethany Lutheran Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Bellshill. See our List of 1890's Communities around Bellshill.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bellshill. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bellshill) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bellshill. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BellshillOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bellshill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5796, Longitude: -111.5404 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|