Our Genealogy Helper for Bellevue ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Bellevue (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Bellevue. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Bellevue:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Alberta
- Stories from British Columbia
Cemeteries Near Bellevue ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Bellevue.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Bellevue covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Bellevue Union Cemetery
- Hillcrest Mines Cemetery
- St. Cyril's Catholic Cemetery
- Passburg Cemetery
- Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old)
- The Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old) is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the northeast of Blairmore.
- Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old) has also been known as:
- Blairmore Union Cemetery
- Old Blairmore Union Cemetery
- Old Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blairmore Union Cemetery (Old)
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2274934<1>
- St. Annes RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Annes RC Cemetery
- The St. Annes RC Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the north of Blairmore.
- St. Annes RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- Blairmore Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Annes RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2316391<1>
- Continue List ...
- Lille Cemetery
- Blairmore Union Cemetery (New)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blairmore Union Cemetery (New)
- The Blairmore Union Cemetery (New) is located outside and to the north of Blairmore.
- Blairmore Union Cemetery (New) has also been known as:
- Miner's Union New Cemetery
- New Blairmore Union Cemetery
- New Union Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blairmore Union Cemetery (New)
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2445875<1>
- Coleman Catholic Cemetery
- Coleman Union Cemetery
- United Doukhobors of Alberta Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the United Doukhobors of Alberta Cemetery
- United Doukhobors of Alberta Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the east of Bellevue.
- United Doukhobors of Alberta Cemetery has also been known as:
- Doukhobor Cemetery
- United Doukhobors Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on United Doukhobors of Alberta Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2526341<1>
- Cowley Cemetery
- Livingstone Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Livingstone Cemetery
- Livingstone Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Bellevue.
- Livingstone Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. George's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Livingstone Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2453569<1>
- Pincher Creek Colony
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pincher Creek Colony
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Pincher Creek Colony. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Pincher Creek Colony lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the east of Bellevue.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pincher Creek Colony
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2660492<1>
- Pincher Creek Pioneer Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Bellevue. See our List of 1890's Communities around Bellevue.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Bellevue ...
With our Gazetteer, we add the names of communities whenever we see them mentioned - frequently found in old books or maps. Usually we don't have any details that go with the name, but we'll eventually find documents that will give us a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Bellevue.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
SPV's Comprehensive Railroad Atlas of North America - Western Canada
(Available from Amazon.com)
Written by: Walker, Mike
Published by Steam Powered Video (SPV), 2006
for Bellevue. See our Misc Page for Bellevue for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bellevue. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bellevue) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bellevue. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BellevueOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bellevue. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5795, Longitude: -114.3645 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|