Our Genealogy Helper for Beaumont ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Beaumont (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Beaumont. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Beaumont:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Stories from Alberta
Cemeteries Near Beaumont ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Beaumont.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Beaumont covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Vital RC Cemetery
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Ellerslie St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery
- Heimtal Moravian Cemetery
- Leduc Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Leduc Municipal Cemetery
- Leduc Municipal Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Beaumont.
- Leduc Municipal Cemetery has also been known as:
- Leduc Cemetery
- Leduc Public Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leduc Municipal Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2184321<1>
- Rosehill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rosehill Cemetery
- Rosehill Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Beaumont.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosehill Cemetery
- St. Mary's Russian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Colchester Cemetery
- Our Lady of Peace Cemetery
- South Haven Municipal Cemetery
- Holy Trinity RC Cemetery
- Fredericksheim Baptist Cemetery
- Continue List (75 more) ...
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- The Mt. Pleasant Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.Stated another way, Mt. Pleasant Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the north of Beaumont.
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery has also been known as:
- Mt. Pleasant Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Pleasant Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #639338<1>
- St. Anthony Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony Cemetery
- The St. Anthony Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in Edmonton.To be more accurate, St. Anthony Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the north of Beaumont.
- St. Anthony Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2272708<1>
- Zion Evangelical Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Zion Evangelical Church Cemetery
- Zion Evangelical Church Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Beaumont.
- Zion Evangelical Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Zion Evangelical Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Zion Evangelical Church Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Beaumont. See our List of 1890's Communities around Beaumont.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Beaumont: www.town.beaumont.ab.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Beaumont) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Beaumont. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BeaumontOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beaumont. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.3525, Longitude: -113.4154 |