Our Genealogy Helper
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Barich (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Barich. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Barich:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
Cemeteries Near Barich ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Barich.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Barich covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are listed based on their distance from Barich, with the one closest to Barich listed first.
- Chahor Russian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
(Less than 2 miles to the south)
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the northeast)
- Holy Trinity Russian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the southeast)
- Waskatenau United Church Cemetery
(10 miles [16.1 km] to the southwest)
- Holy Spirit Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
(11 miles [17.7 km] to the northwest)
- St. Michaels Cemetery
(13 miles [20.9 km] to the west)
- Nativity Blessed Virgin Mary Cemetery
(14 miles [22.5 km] to the southwest)
- Newbrook Community Cemetery
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the northwest)
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Cemetery
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Cemetery is located less than 2 miles<2> to the north of Radway.
- The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Marys Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2380583 <1>
- Abee Cemetery
(16 miles [25.7 km] to the west)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Abee Cemetery is located outside and to the southwest of Abee.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Abee Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Abee Cemetery
- Wahstao Cemetery
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the southeast)
- St. Anne RC Cemetery
(20 miles [32.2 km] to the west)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the St. Anne RC Cemetery is located in Thorhild.
- The St. Anne RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anne's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anne RC Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on St. Anne RC Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2364574 <1>
- Continue List (14 more) ...
- Holy Cross Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
(21 miles [33.8 km] to the south)
- St. Demetrius Ukrainian Orthodox Cemetery
(22 miles [35.4 km] to the southwest)
- Moose Hill Community Cemetery
(23 miles [37 km] to the west)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Moose Hill Community Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the east of Thorhild.
- The Moose Hill Community Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moose Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moose Hill Community Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Moose Hill Community Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2363779 <1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Barich. See our List of 1890's Communities around Barich.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Barich. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Barich) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Barich. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.1808, Longitude: -112.6269 |