Around Atikameg ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Drift Pile River 150. It is located about 39 miles [62 km] to the south of Atikameg.
The next largest community is Swan River 150E.
It is located about 39 miles [ km] to the south of Atikameg
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Atikameg.<2>
- Drift Pile River 150
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Drift Pile River 150 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Drift Pile River 150
- Drift Pile River 150 lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> to the south of Atikameg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drift Pile River 150
- Gift Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gift Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gift Lake
- Gift Lake lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Atikameg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gift Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Joussard
- Joussard lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the south of Atikameg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Joussard
- Swan River 150E
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Swan River 150E came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Swan River 150E
- Swan River 150E lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> to the south of Atikameg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Swan River 150E
Curious and Interesting Names Near Atikameg ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Atikameg.
Airports Near Atikameg ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Atikameg and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Atikameg.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Atikameg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Atikameg were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Atikameg) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Atikameg. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Atikameg
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Atikameg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.9167, Longitude: -115.6500
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Atikameg), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|