Our Genealogy Helper
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Alpen Siding (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Alpen Siding. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Alpen Siding:
- Websites specific to Alberta
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Alberta
Cemeteries Near Alpen Siding ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Alpen Siding.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Alpen Siding covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
The following cemeteries are listed based on their distance from Alpen Siding, with the one closest to Alpen Siding listed first.
- Cash Creek Cemetery
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the north)
- Newbrook Community Cemetery
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the south)
- Holy Spirit Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
(10 miles [16.1 km] to the southeast)
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
(11 miles [17.7 km] to the north)
- The St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Alphonsus Cemetery
- St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on St. Alphonsus RC Cemetery
- Boyle Municipal Cemetery
(11 miles [17.7 km] to the north)
- Abee Cemetery
(13 miles [20.9 km] to the south)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Abee Cemetery is located outside and to the southwest of Abee.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Abee Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Abee Cemetery
- St. Michaels Cemetery
(17 miles [27.4 km] to the south)
- Meanook Cemetery
(18 miles [29 km] to the northwest)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Meanook Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Meanook.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Meanook Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Meanook Cemetery
- Jordan W. Murphy Cemetery
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the north)
- St. Anne RC Cemetery
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the St. Anne RC Cemetery is located in Thorhild.
- The St. Anne RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Anne's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anne RC Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on St. Anne RC Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2364574 <1>
- Ferguson District Cemetery
(20 miles [32.2 km] to the north)
- Peaceful Pines Cemetery
(21 miles [33.8 km] to the west)
- Continue List (14 more) ...
- Moose Hill Community Cemetery
(21 miles [33.8 km] to the southwest)
- To give a relative sense of its location, the Moose Hill Community Cemetery is located 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the east of Thorhild.
- The Moose Hill Community Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moose Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moose Hill Community Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Moose Hill Community Cemetery
- Jump to Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2363779 <1>
- Chahor Russian Greek Orthodox Cemetery
(21 miles [33.8 km] to the southeast)
- Tawatinaw Cemetery
(22 miles [35.4 km] to the southwest)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Tawatinaw Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- The Tawatinaw Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Charles Borromeo Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Tawatinaw Cemetery
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Tawatinaw Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Alpen Siding. See our List of 1890's Communities around Alpen Siding.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alpen Siding. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alpen Siding) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alpen Siding. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.4275, Longitude: -112.9547 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|