Communities Also Named Alexo ...
We found one communities that share the name Alexo.
Within Alberta, the name Alexo is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Alexo in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Alexo lies 1,540 miles [2,478.4 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Alexo
Curious and Interesting Names Near Alexo ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Alexo, Rocky Mountain House is located 36 miles [57.9 km] to the East
How Far From Alexo to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Alexo to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers and using the location of where the historic<2> community of Alexo once stood, the straight-line distance beginning in Alexo and extending to:
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 120 miles [193.1 km]<1> to the northeast (NE). If you could drive a straight line from Alexo to Edmonton, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,855 miles [2,985.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 73 days and walking would take 106 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,354 miles [10,225.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,120 miles [11,458.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,219 miles [8,399.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alexo) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alexo. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AlexoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alexo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4665, Longitude: -115.7844 |
|<2>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Alexo, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Alexo to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 335.661 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 336.753 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.872 degrees.||