Welcome to Alexo ...
So far, we have found very little information about Alexo. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Alexo to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Alexo, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Alexo, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Alexo is 4,000 feet [1,219 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Alexo is ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Alexo was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR).
Alexo would have been located in the (403) and (587)<4> area codes.
Communities Also Named Alexo ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Alexo - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alexo.
Communities near Alexo ...
We have created a list of 9 communities that are near Alexo.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brazeau
- Brazeau lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the west of Alexo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brazeau
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Strachan
- Strachan lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<5> to the southeast of Alexo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strachan
- Cline River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cline River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cline River
- Cline River lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<5> to the southwest of Alexo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cline River
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Rocky Mountain House
- Alder Flats
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alder Flats
- Alder Flats lies 47 miles [75.6 km]<5> to the northeast of Alexo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alder Flats
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lodgepole came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lodgepole
- Lodgepole lies 48 miles [77.2 km]<5> to the northeast of Alexo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodgepole
- Burnstick Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burnstick Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burnstick Lake
- Burnstick Lake lies 50 miles [80.5 km]<5> to the southeast of Alexo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burnstick Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Leslieville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leslieville
- Leslieville lies 50 miles [80.5 km]<5> to the east of Alexo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leslieville
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Alexo, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Alexo - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (403).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Alexo) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alexo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.4665, Longitude: -115.7844
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|