Curious and Interesting Names Near Alcurve ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfoot
- Blackfoot lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the south of Alcurve
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfoot
- Frog Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frog Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frog Lake
- Frog Lake lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Alcurve
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frog Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenstreet
- Greenstreet lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the east of Alcurve
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenstreet
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Little Fishing Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Little Fishing Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Fishing Lake
- Little Fishing Lake lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the northeast of Alcurve
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Fishing Lake
- Onion Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Onion Lake
- Onion Lake lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Alcurve
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Onion Lake
- Paradise Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradise Hill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise Hill
- Paradise Hill lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the east of Alcurve
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise Hill
How Far From Alcurve to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Alcurve to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Alcurve and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 141 miles [226.9 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Alcurve to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,620 miles [2,607.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 92 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,183 miles [9,950.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,951 miles [11,186.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,012 miles [8,066 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alcurve. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Alcurve) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alcurve. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alcurve
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alcurve. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5167, Longitude: -110.0500
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Alcurve to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.044 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.614 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.865 degrees.||