Around Tipton ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Wamsutter. It is located about 15 miles [24 km] to the east of Tipton. Wamsutter has a population of 470 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Superior.
It is located about 37 miles [ km] to the west of Tipton and has a population of 310 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Tipton.<2>
- Bitter Creek [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bitter Creek
- Bitter Creek [Sweetwater County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the west of Tipton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bitter Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bitter Creek
- Creston [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Creston
- Creston [Sweetwater County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the east of Tipton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Creston have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Creston
- Point of Rocks [Sweetwater County]
- Red Desert [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Desert
- Red Desert [Sweetwater County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Tipton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Desert have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Desert
- Superior [Sweetwater County]
- Table Rock [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Table Rock
- Table Rock [Sweetwater County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the west of Tipton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Table Rock
- Wamsutter [Sweetwater County]
For more communities neighboring Tipton, please visit our County-by-County Page for Tipton.
Sweetwater County ...
Tipton is located in Sweetwater County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Sweetwater County: Moffat (CO), Daggett (UT), Summit (UT), Carbon, Fremont, Lincoln, Sublette & Uinta.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Tipton ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Tipton.
Airports Near Tipton ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Tipton and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Tipton.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Wyoming
About Sweetwater County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Tipton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sweetwater County: www.co.sweet.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Tipton.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Tipton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Tipton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from TiptonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Tipton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.6277, Longitude: -108.2634 In this case, the coordinates for Tipton have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Sweetwater, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Tipton), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|