Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area and the surrounding area.
- Weather ...
- Before heading outdoors, you should check the weather:
- The National Weather Service forecast for Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area:
- 42.954390, -109.785152
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Sublette County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Sublette County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Piney [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Piney
- Big Piney [Sublette County] lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area
- Population from the 2020 Census: 516 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Piney
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Piney<2>
- Big Sandy [Sublette County]
- Boulder [Sublette County]
- Crowheart [Fremont County]
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Daniel [Sublette County]
- Daniel Junction [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Daniel Junction
- Daniel Junction [Sublette County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the west of Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Daniel Junction
- Halfway [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Halfway
- Halfway [Sublette County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the west of Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Halfway have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Halfway
How Far From Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Pinedale, which is the Seat of Sublette County and lies just to the South Southwest.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 284 miles [457.1 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area to Cheyenne, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 17 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,720 miles [2,768.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 98 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,813 miles [10,964.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,582 miles [12,202 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,560 miles [8,948 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Wyoming
About Sublette County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.9544, Longitude: -109.7852 In this case, the coordinates for Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Sylvan Bay Summer Home Area to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.463 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.965 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.34 degrees.||