Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Rockeagle, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Rockeagle and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Rockeagle:
- 42.002746, -104.581628
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Rockeagle
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Rockeagle ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bordeaux [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bordeaux
- Bordeaux [Platte County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the west of Rockeagle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bordeaux have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bordeaux
- Chugcreek [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chugcreek
- Chugcreek [Platte County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the west of Rockeagle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chugcreek
- Chugwater [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chugwater
- Chugwater [Platte County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Rockeagle
- Population from the 2020 Census: 203 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chugwater
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chugwater<3>
- Goodland [Goshen County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goodland
- Goodland [Goshen County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Rockeagle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Goodland have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodland
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Guernsey [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guernsey
- Guernsey [Platte County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Rockeagle
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,143 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guernsey
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Guernsey<3>
- Holly [Goshen County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Holly
- Holly [Goshen County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the east of Rockeagle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Holly have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holly
- Silver Tip [Goshen County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Tip
- Silver Tip [Goshen County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the east of Rockeagle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Silver Tip have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silver Tip
- Veteran [Goshen County]
- Wheatland [Platte County]
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Rockeagle. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Warren G. 'Freckles' Brown (Rodeo cowboy)
- Rodeo cowboy. He was born in Wheatland (Wyoming) on Tueday January 18, 1921 and died in Soper (Oklahoma) on Friday March 20, 1987 at the age of 66.
- Wheatland is located 19 miles [30.6 km] to the west of Rockeagle.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Warren G. 'Freckles' Brown<4>
How Far From Rockeagle to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Rockeagle to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Rockeagle and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Torrington, which is the Seat of Goshen County and lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the east northeast. If you could walk a straight line from Rockeagle to Torrington, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of a day.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 61 miles [98.2 km] to the south southwest (SSW). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than an hour, a buggy would take about three full days and walking would take most of three days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,456 miles [2,343.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 57 days and walking would take 83 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,731 miles [10,832.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,495 miles [12,062 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,435 miles [8,746.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Wyoming
About Goshen County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rockeagle. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Rockeagle) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rockeagle. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.0027, Longitude: -104.5816 In this case, the coordinates for Rockeagle have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Rockeagle to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.412 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 325.146 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.468 degrees.||