Around Riverton ...
Riverton is the largest city within a 50 mile [80 km] radius.
The next largest community is Lander.
It is located about 22 miles [ km] to the southwest of Riverton
For comparison, Riverton has a population of 10,800 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Arapahoe [Fremont County]
- Atlantic City [Fremont County]
- Boulder Flats [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boulder Flats
- Boulder Flats [Fremont County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the west of Riverton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Boulder Flats have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boulder Flats
- Ethete [Fremont County]
- Fort Washakie [Fremont County]
- Hudson [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hudson
- Hudson [Fremont County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Riverton
- Population from the 2020 Census: 443 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hudson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hudson<3>
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Johnstown [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Johnstown
- Johnstown [Fremont County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Riverton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Johnstown have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Johnstown
- Kinnear [Fremont County]
- Lander [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lander
- Lander [Fremont County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Riverton
- Population from the 2020 Census: 7,467 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lander
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lander<3>
- Lysite [Fremont County]
- Pavillion [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pavillion
- Pavillion [Fremont County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Riverton
- Population from the 2020 Census: 230 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pavillion
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pavillion<3>
- Saint Stephens [Fremont County]
- Shoshoni [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shoshoni
- Shoshoni [Fremont County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Riverton
- Population from the 2020 Census: 648 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shoshoni
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Shoshoni<3>
For more communities neighboring Riverton, please visit our County-by-County Page for Riverton.
Fremont County ...
Riverton is located in Fremont County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Fremont County: Carbon, Hot Springs, Natrona, Park, Sublette, Sweetwater, Teton & Washakie.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Riverton ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Riverton.
Airports Near Riverton ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Riverton and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Riverton.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Riverton ...
Looking for more information about Riverton? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Riverton. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Riverton, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Riverton.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Wyoming
About Fremont County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Riverton: www.riverton.wyoming.com/
The official website for Fremont County: www.fremontcounty.org/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Riverton.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Riverton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Riverton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RivertonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Riverton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0247, Longitude: -108.3806 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Fremont, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Riverton), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|