Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Osborne Place, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Osborne Place and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Osborne Place:
- 43.099128, -107.420903
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Osborne Place
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Natrona County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Natrona County
- Since Osborne Place is near Fremont County, we have provided a link to its eBird sighting report:
- eBird sighting report for Fremont County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Osborne Place ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Badwater [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Badwater
- Badwater [Natrona County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the north of Osborne Place
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Badwater have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Badwater
- Lost Cabin [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lost Cabin
- Lost Cabin [Fremont County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Osborne Place
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lost Cabin have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lost Cabin
- Powder River [Natrona County]
- Sodium [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sodium
- Sodium [Natrona County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the east of Osborne Place
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sodium have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sodium
How Far From Osborne Place to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Osborne Place to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Osborne Place and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Casper, which is the Seat of Natrona County and lies 57 miles [91.7 km]<1> to the east southeast. If you could walk a straight line from Osborne Place to Casper, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take over two days.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 190 miles [305.8 km] to the southeast (SE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take a little over three hours, a buggy would take 8 days and walking would take 11 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,600 miles [2,575 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 63 days and walking would take 91 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,744 miles [10,853.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,511 miles [12,087.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,475 miles [8,811.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Wyoming
About Natrona County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Osborne Place. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Natrona County: www.natrona.net/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Osborne Place) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Osborne Place. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0991, Longitude: -107.4209 In this case, the coordinates for Osborne Place have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Osborne Place to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.646 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 327.86 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.944 degrees.||