Around Osage ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Newcastle. It is located about 14 miles [22 km] to the southeast of Osage. Newcastle has a population of 3,300 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Sundance.
It is located about 29 miles [ km] to the north of Osage and has a population of 1,300 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Dumont [Lawrence County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dumont
- Dumont [Lawrence County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Osage
- Estimated population in 2014: 45 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dumont
- Preston [Lawrence County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Preston
- Preston [Lawrence County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Osage
- Estimated population in 2014: 185 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Preston
- Rochford [Pennington County]
- Savoy [Lawrence County]
- Trojan [Lawrence County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trojan
- Trojan [Lawrence County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Osage
- Estimated population in 2014: 627 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trojan
- Carlile [Crook County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Clay Spur [Weston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clay Spur
- Clay Spur [Weston County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Osage
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clay Spur
- Four Corners [Weston County]
- Hill View Heights [Weston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hill View Heights
- Hill View Heights [Weston County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Osage
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hill View Heights have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hill View Heights
- Linden [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Linden
- Linden [Crook County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the north of Osage
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Linden have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Linden
- Moorcroft [Crook County]
- Newcastle [Weston County]
- Pine Haven [Crook County]
- Sundance [Crook County]
- Upton [Weston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Upton
- Upton [Weston County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Osage
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,032 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Upton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Upton<3>
For more communities neighboring Osage, please visit our County-by-County Page for Osage.
Weston County ...
Osage is located in Weston County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Weston County: Custer (SD), Lawrence (SD), Pennington (SD), Campbell, Converse, Crook & Niobrara.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Osage ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Osage.
Airports Near Osage ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Osage and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Osage.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Osage ...
Looking for more information about Osage? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Osage. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Osage, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Osage.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Wyoming
About Weston County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Osage. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Osage.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Osage) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Osage. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OsageOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Osage. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9837, Longitude: -104.4226 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Weston, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Osage), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|