Welcome to Miners Delight ...
So far, we have found very little information about Miners Delight. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Miners Delight to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Miners Delight, please Contact Us.
Miners Delight would have been located within present day Fremont County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Miners Delight, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Miners Delight is 8,240 feet [2,512 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Miners Delight is about 1½ mile [or ~2½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Miners Delight was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Miners Delight would have been located in the (307) area code.
Adding Miners Delight to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Miners Delight in the GNIS. For more information, see the Referenced GNIS Codes section on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Miners Delight was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Miners Delight on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Miners Delight ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Miners Delight.
- South Pass City [Fremont County]
- Lander [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lander
- Lander [Fremont County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the north of Miners Delight
- Population from the 2020 Census: 7,467 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lander
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lander<6>
- Boulder Flats [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boulder Flats
- Boulder Flats [Fremont County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<5> to the north of Miners Delight
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Boulder Flats have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boulder Flats
- Hudson [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hudson
- Hudson [Fremont County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<5> to the north of Miners Delight
- Population from the 2020 Census: 443 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hudson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hudson<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Arapahoe [Fremont County]
- Ethete [Fremont County]
- Fort Washakie [Fremont County]
- Saint Stephens [Fremont County]
- Riverton [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverton
- Riverton [Fremont County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Miners Delight
- Population from the 2020 Census: 10,819 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Riverton<6>
- Big Sandy [Sublette County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Miners Delight. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Miners Delight.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Miners Delight. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Miners Delight.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Miners Delight. See our Newspapers Page for Miners Delight.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Wyoming
About Fremont County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Fremont County: www.fremontcounty.org/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Miners Delight, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Fremont, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Miners Delight - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Miners Delight) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Miners Delight. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Miners DelightOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Miners Delight. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.5332, Longitude: -108.6808 In this case, the coordinates for Miners Delight have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|