Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Meadow Lark Lake, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Meadow Lark Lake and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Meadow Lark Lake:
- 44.175518, -107.253401
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Meadow Lark Lake
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Meadow Lark Lake ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Horn [Sheridan County]
- Buffalo [Johnson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo
- Buffalo [Johnson County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Meadow Lark Lake
- Population from the 2020 Census: 4,659 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Buffalo<2>
- Saddlestring [Johnson County]
- Shell [Big Horn County]
- Story [Sheridan County]
- Ten Sleep [Washakie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ten Sleep
- Ten Sleep [Washakie County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Meadow Lark Lake
- Population from the 2020 Census: 250 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ten Sleep
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ten Sleep<2>
How Far From Meadow Lark Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Meadow Lark Lake to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Meadow Lark Lake and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Basin, which is the Seat of Big Horn County and lies 41 miles [66 km]<1> to the west northwest. If you could walk a straight line from Meadow Lark Lake to Basin, with an average speed<3> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take about three full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just about two full days.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 243 miles [391.1 km] to the south southeast (SSE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take nearly four hours, a buggy would take 10 days and walking would take 14 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,594 miles [2,565.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 63 days and walking would take 91 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,677 miles [10,745.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,444 miles [11,980 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,414 miles [8,713 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Wyoming
About Big Horn County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Meadow Lark Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Meadow Lark Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Meadow Lark Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Meadow Lark LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Meadow Lark Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.1755, Longitude: -107.2534 In this case, the coordinates for Meadow Lark Lake have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Meadow Lark Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.588 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 327.90 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.707 degrees.||