Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Mayoworth, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Mayoworth and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Mayoworth:
- 43.831915, -106.792346
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Mayoworth
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Johnson County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Johnson County
- Since Mayoworth is near Washakie County, we have provided a link to its eBird sighting report:
- eBird sighting report for Washakie County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Mayoworth ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Buffalo [Johnson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo
- Buffalo [Johnson County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the north of Mayoworth
- Population from the 2020 Census: 4,659 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Buffalo<2>
- French Vee [Washakie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for French Vee
- French Vee [Washakie County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the west of Mayoworth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for French Vee have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on French Vee
- Hole in the Wall [Johnson County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hole in the Wall
- Hole in the Wall [Johnson County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the south of Mayoworth
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Hole in the Wall. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Ten Sleep [Washakie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ten Sleep
- Ten Sleep [Washakie County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Mayoworth
- Population from the 2020 Census: 250 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ten Sleep
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ten Sleep<2>
How Far From Mayoworth to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Mayoworth to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Mayoworth and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Buffalo, which is the Seat of Johnson County and lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the north. If you could walk a straight line from Mayoworth to Buffalo, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just about two full days.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 211 miles [339.6 km] to the south southeast (SSE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take a little over three hours, a buggy would take 9 days and walking would take 12 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,570 miles [2,526.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 62 days and walking would take 90 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,685 miles [10,758.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,452 miles [11,992.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,417 miles [8,717.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Wyoming
About Johnson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mayoworth. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Johnson County: www.johnsoncountywyoming.org/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mayoworth) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mayoworth. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MayoworthOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mayoworth. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.8319, Longitude: -106.7923 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Mayoworth to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.212 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 327.43 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.484 degrees.||