Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Lost Cabin, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Lost Cabin and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Lost Cabin:
- 43.286349, -107.632578
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Lost Cabin
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lost Cabin ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Badwater [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Badwater
- Badwater [Natrona County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the east of Lost Cabin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Badwater have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Badwater
- Powder River [Natrona County]
- Thermopolis [Hot Springs County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thermopolis
- Thermopolis [Hot Springs County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Lost Cabin
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,770 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thermopolis
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Thermopolis<3>
How Far From Lost Cabin to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Lost Cabin to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lost Cabin and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Lander, which is the Seat of Fremont County and lies 63 miles [101.4 km]<1> to the west southwest. If you could walk a straight line from Lost Cabin to Lander, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 207 miles [333.1 km] to the southeast (SE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take a little over three hours, a buggy would take 8 days and walking would take 12 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,611 miles [2,592.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 63 days and walking would take 92 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,739 miles [10,845.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,506 miles [12,079.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,473 miles [8,807.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Wyoming
About Fremont County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lost Cabin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Fremont County: www.fremontcounty.org/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lost Cabin) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lost Cabin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.2863, Longitude: -107.6326 In this case, the coordinates for Lost Cabin have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lost Cabin to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.821 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.083 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.043 degrees.||