Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Linch, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Linch and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Linch:
- 43.606324, -106.199572
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Linch
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Linch ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Camel Hump [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Camel Hump
- Camel Hump [Natrona County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Linch
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Camel Hump have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camel Hump
- Dead Woman Crossing [Johnson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dead Woman Crossing
- Dead Woman Crossing [Johnson County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Linch
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dead Woman Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dead Woman Crossing
- Salt Creek [Natrona County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salt Creek
- Salt Creek [Natrona County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the south of Linch
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Salt Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
How Far From Linch to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Linch to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Linch and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Buffalo, which is the Seat of Johnson County and lies 56 miles [90.1 km]<1> to the north northwest. If you could walk a straight line from Linch to Buffalo, with an average speed<3> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take over two days.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 184 miles [296.1 km] to the south southeast (SSE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take a little over three hours, a buggy would take 8 days and walking would take 11 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,540 miles [2,478.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 61 days and walking would take 88 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,682 miles [10,753.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,449 miles [11,988 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,408 miles [8,703.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Wyoming
About Johnson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Linch. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Johnson County: www.johnsoncountywyoming.org/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Linch) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Linch. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LinchOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Linch. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.6063, Longitude: -106.1996 |
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Linch to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.745 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 326.864 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.171 degrees.||