Around La Barge ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Kemmerer. It is located about 36 miles [57 km] to the southwest of La Barge. Kemmerer has a population of 2,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Marbleton.
It is located about 20 miles [ km] to the north of La Barge and has a population of 1,100 people.
For comparison, La Barge has a population of 570 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Big Piney [Sublette County]
- Calpet [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Calpet
- Calpet [Sublette County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the northwest of La Barge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Calpet have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Calpet
- Cokeville [Lincoln County]
- Diamondville [Lincoln County]
- Farson [Sweetwater County]
- Fontenelle [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fontenelle
- Fontenelle [Lincoln County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the south of La Barge
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fontenelle
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Frontier [Lincoln County]
- Kemmerer [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kemmerer
- Kemmerer [Lincoln County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the southwest of La Barge
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,763 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kemmerer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kemmerer<3>
- Marbleton [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marbleton
- Marbleton [Sublette County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the north of La Barge
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,111 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marbleton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Marbleton<3>
- Opal [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Opal
- Opal [Lincoln County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the south of La Barge
- Population from the 2020 Census: 109 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Opal
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Opal<3>
For more communities neighboring La Barge, please visit our County-by-County Page for La Barge.
Lincoln County ...
La Barge is located in Lincoln County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Lincoln County: Bear Lake (ID), Bonneville (ID), Caribou (ID), Rich (UT), Sublette, Sweetwater, Teton & Uinta.
Curious and Interesting Names Near La Barge ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for La Barge.
Airports Near La Barge ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to La Barge and that information can be found on the Airports Page for La Barge.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for La Barge ...
Looking for more information about La Barge? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for La Barge. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for La Barge, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for La Barge.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Wyoming
About Lincoln County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for La Barge. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Lincoln County: www.co.lincoln.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for La Barge.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- La Barge) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for La Barge. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from La BargeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in La Barge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.2622, Longitude: -110.1944 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Lincoln, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to La Barge), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|