Around Jay Em ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Torrington. It is located about 28 miles [45 km] to the south of Jay Em. Torrington has a population of 6,600 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Lusk.
It is located about 21 miles [ km] to the north of Jay Em and has a population of 1,500 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Jay Em.<2>
- Harrison [Sioux County]
- Henry [Furnas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Henry
- Henry [Furnas County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Jay Em
- Population from the 2020 Census: 104 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Henry
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Henry<3>
- Fort Laramie [Goshen County]
- Glendo [Platte County]
- Guernsey [Platte County]
- Hartville [Platte County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Keeline [Niobrara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keeline
- Keeline [Niobrara County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Jay Em
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keeline
- Kirtley [Niobrara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kirtley
- Kirtley [Niobrara County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Jay Em
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kirtley
- Lingle [Goshen County]
- Lost Springs [Converse County]
- Lusk [Niobrara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lusk
- Lusk [Niobrara County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the north of Jay Em
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,474 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lusk
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lusk<3>
- Manville [Niobrara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manville
- Manville [Niobrara County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Jay Em
- Population from the 2020 Census: 83 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Manville<3>
- Torrington [Goshen County]
- Van Tassell [Niobrara County]
- Veteran [Goshen County]
For more communities neighboring Jay Em, please visit our County-by-County Page for Jay Em.
Goshen County ...
Jay Em is located in Goshen County<4>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Goshen County: Banner (NE), Scotts Bluff (NE), Sioux (NE), Laramie, Niobrara & Platte.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Jay Em ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Jay Em.
Airports Near Jay Em ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Jay Em and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Jay Em.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Wyoming
About Goshen County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Jay Em. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Jay Em.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Jay Em) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Jay Em. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Jay EmOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Jay Em. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.4613, Longitude: -104.3689 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Goshen, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Jay Em), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|