Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in J O Junction, we use the following websites to find information relevant to J O Junction and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for J O Junction:
- 41.535240, -108.391489
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on J O Junction
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Sweetwater County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Sweetwater County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near J O Junction ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bitter Creek [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bitter Creek
- Bitter Creek [Sweetwater County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the west of J O Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bitter Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bitter Creek
- Hallville [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hallville
- Hallville [Sweetwater County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west of J O Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hallville have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hallville
- Red Desert [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Desert
- Red Desert [Sweetwater County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northeast of J O Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Desert have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Desert
- Superior [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Superior
- Superior [Sweetwater County] lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the northwest of J O Junction
- Population from the 2020 Census: 312 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Superior
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Superior<3>
- Table Rock [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Table Rock
- Table Rock [Sweetwater County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the north of J O Junction
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Table Rock
How Far From J O Junction to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as J O Junction to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in J O Junction and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Green River, which is the Seat of Sweetwater County and lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<1> to the west. If you could walk a straight line from J O Junction to Green River, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take over two days.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 187 miles [300.9 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take a little over three hours, a buggy would take 8 days and walking would take 11 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,654 miles [2,661.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 94 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,862 miles [11,043.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,629 miles [12,277.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,590 miles [8,996.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Wyoming
About Sweetwater County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for J O Junction. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sweetwater County: www.co.sweet.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- J O Junction) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in J O Junction. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.5352, Longitude: -108.3915 In this case, the coordinates for J O Junction have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from J O Junction to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.27 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.436 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.68 degrees.||