Around Hazelton ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Buffalo. It is located about 21 miles [33 km] to the northeast of Hazelton. Buffalo has a population of 4,700 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Kaycee.
It is located about 31 miles [ km] to the southeast of Hazelton and has a population of 290 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Hazelton.<2>
- Banner [Sheridan County]
- Big Horn [Sheridan County]
- Buffalo [Johnson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Buffalo
- Buffalo [Johnson County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Hazelton
- Population from the 2020 Census: 4,659 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buffalo
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Buffalo<3>
- Hyattville [Big Horn County]
- Kaycee [Johnson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaycee
- Kaycee [Johnson County] lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Hazelton
- Population from the 2020 Census: 289 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kaycee
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kaycee<3>
- Mayoworth [Johnson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mayoworth
- Mayoworth [Johnson County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Hazelton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mayoworth
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Meadow Lark Lake [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadow Lark Lake
- Meadow Lark Lake [Big Horn County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the west of Hazelton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Meadow Lark Lake have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadow Lark Lake
- Saddlestring [Johnson County]
- Story [Sheridan County]
- Ten Sleep [Washakie County]
For more communities neighboring Hazelton, please visit our County-by-County Page for Hazelton.
Johnson County ...
Hazelton is located in Johnson County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Johnson County: Big Horn, Campbell, Converse, Natrona, Sheridan & Washakie.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Hazelton ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hazelton.
Airports Near Hazelton ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Hazelton and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Hazelton.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Wyoming
About Johnson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hazelton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Johnson County: www.johnsoncountywyoming.org/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Hazelton.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hazelton) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hazelton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.0966, Longitude: -106.9689 In this case, the coordinates for Hazelton have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Johnson, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Hazelton), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|