Around Halfway ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Afton. It is located about 30 miles [48 km] to the west of Halfway. Afton has a population of 2,100 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Pinedale.
It is located about 24 miles [ km] to the east of Halfway and has a population of 1,900 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Afton [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Afton
- Afton [Lincoln County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the west of Halfway
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,071 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Afton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Afton<3>
- Auburn [Lincoln County]
- Bedford [Lincoln County]
- Big Piney [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Piney
- Big Piney [Sublette County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Halfway
- Population from the 2020 Census: 516 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Piney
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Piney<3>
- Bondurant [Sublette County]
- Boulder [Sublette County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Cora [Sublette County]
- Daniel Junction [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Daniel Junction
- Daniel Junction [Sublette County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Halfway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Daniel Junction
- Daniel [Sublette County]
- Fairview [Lincoln County]
- Grover [Lincoln County]
- Marbleton [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marbleton
- Marbleton [Sublette County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Halfway
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,111 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marbleton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Marbleton<3>
- Pinedale [Sublette County]
- Smoot [Lincoln County]
- Turnerville [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Turnerville
- Turnerville [Lincoln County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the west of Halfway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Turnerville have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Turnerville
For more communities neighboring Halfway, please visit our County-by-County Page for Halfway.
Sublette County ...
Halfway is located in Sublette County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Sublette County: Fremont, Lincoln, Sweetwater & Teton.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Halfway ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Halfway.
Airports Near Halfway ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Halfway and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Halfway.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Wyoming
About Sublette County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Halfway. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Halfway.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Halfway) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Halfway. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.8085, Longitude: -110.3388 In this case, the coordinates for Halfway have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Sublette, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Halfway), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|