Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Hadsell, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Hadsell and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Hadsell:
- 41.778015, -107.378113
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Hadsell
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Carbon County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Carbon County
- Since Hadsell is near Sweetwater County, we have provided a link to its eBird sighting report:
- eBird sighting report for Sweetwater County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Hadsell ...
We have found one communities that share the name Hadsell.
Within Wyoming, the name Hadsell is unique.
Beyond Wyoming, there is another community also named Hadsell in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Cass County
- This Hadsell is located in Cass County and lies 728 miles [1,171.6 km]<1> to the east southeast of the Hadsell that is located in Carbon County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hadsell
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Cass County community of Hadsell.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Hadsell ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Cherokee [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cherokee
- Cherokee [Sweetwater County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the west of Hadsell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cherokee have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cherokee
- Ferris [Carbon County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferris
- Ferris [Carbon County] was located 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the north of Hadsell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ferris have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
How Far From Hadsell to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Hadsell to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Hadsell and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Rawlins, which is the Seat of Carbon County and lies just to the East.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 139 miles [223.7 km]<1> to the east southeast (ESE). If you could drive a straight line from Hadsell to Cheyenne, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,600 miles [2,575 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 63 days and walking would take 91 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,821 miles [10,977.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,587 miles [12,210.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,543 miles [8,920.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Wyoming
About Carbon County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hadsell. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Hadsell) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hadsell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.7780, Longitude: -107.3781 In this case, the coordinates for Hadsell have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Hadsell to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.513 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 327.574 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.075 degrees.||