Around Gibson ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Torrington. It is located about 39 miles [62 km] to the east of Gibson. Torrington has a population of 6,600 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Wheatland.
It lies immediately north of Gibson and has a population of 3,500 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Binford [Albany County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Binford
- Binford [Albany County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Gibson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Binford
- Chugcreek [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chugcreek
- Chugcreek [Platte County] lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Gibson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chugcreek
- Chugwater [Platte County]
- Fort Laramie [Goshen County]
- Glendo [Platte County]
- Guernsey [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guernsey
- Guernsey [Platte County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Gibson
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,143 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guernsey
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Guernsey<3>
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Hartville [Platte County]
- Hawk Springs [Goshen County]
- Lingle [Goshen County]
- Slater [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Slater
- Slater [Platte County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Gibson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Slater have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Slater
- Veteran [Goshen County]
- Westview Circle [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Westview Circle
- Westview Circle [Platte County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Gibson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Westview Circle have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westview Circle
- Wheatland [Platte County]
- Y-O Ranch [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Y-O Ranch
- Y-O Ranch [Platte County] lies less than 2 miles<2> to the northeast of Gibson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Y-O Ranch have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Y-O Ranch
- Yoder [Goshen County]
For more communities neighboring Gibson, please visit our County-by-County Page for Gibson.
Platte County ...
Gibson is located in Platte County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Platte County: Albany, Converse, Goshen, Laramie & Niobrara.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Gibson ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Gibson.
Airports Near Gibson ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Gibson and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Gibson.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Wyoming
About Platte County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gibson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Gibson.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Gibson) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gibson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.0186, Longitude: -104.9575 In this case, the coordinates for Gibson have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Platte, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Gibson), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|