Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Fort Bridger, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Fort Bridger and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Fort Bridger:
- 41.319318, -110.384298
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Fort Bridger
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Fort Bridger ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Antelope [Uinta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antelope
- Antelope [Uinta County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Fort Bridger
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Antelope have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antelope
- Aspen [Uinta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aspen
- Aspen [Uinta County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Fort Bridger
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Aspen have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aspen
- Beartown [Uinta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beartown
- Beartown [Uinta County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Fort Bridger
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beartown have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beartown
- Carter [Uinta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carter
- Carter [Uinta County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the north of Fort Bridger
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carter
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Lonetree [Uinta County]
- Mountain View [Uinta County]
- Rocky Crossing [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Crossing
- Rocky Crossing [Lincoln County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Fort Bridger
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rocky Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Crossing
- Spring Valley [Uinta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spring Valley
- Spring Valley [Uinta County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the west of Fort Bridger
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spring Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spring Valley
How Far From Fort Bridger to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Fort Bridger to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Fort Bridger and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Evanston, which is the Seat of Uinta County and lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the west. If you could walk a straight line from Fort Bridger to Evanston, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just over a day.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 289 miles [465.1 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take four to five hours, a buggy would take 12 days and walking would take 17 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,758 miles [2,829.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 69 days and walking would take 100 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,927 miles [11,147.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,695 miles [12,383.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,667 miles [9,120.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Wyoming
About Uinta County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fort Bridger. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Uinta County: www.uintacounty.com/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fort Bridger) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fort Bridger. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Fort BridgerOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fort Bridger. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.3193, Longitude: -110.3843 |
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Fort Bridger to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.795 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 330.205 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.848 degrees.||