Around Etna ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Jackson. It is located about 33 miles [53 km] to the north of Etna. Jackson has a population of 10,600 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Soda Springs (ID).
It is located about 38 miles [ km] to the southwest of Etna and has a population of 3,000 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Etna.<2>
- Caribou City [Bonneville County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caribou City
- Caribou City [Bonneville County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the west of Etna
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Caribou City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caribou City
- Freedom [Caribou County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Freedom
- Freedom [Caribou County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Etna
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Freedom
- Keenan City [Bonneville County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keenan City
- Keenan City [Bonneville County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the northwest of Etna
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Keenan City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keenan City
- Wayan [Caribou County]
- Afton [Lincoln County]
- Alpine [Lincoln County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Auburn [Lincoln County]
- Bedford [Lincoln County]
- Fairview [Lincoln County]
- Freedom [Lincoln County]
- Grover [Lincoln County]
- Hoback [Teton County]
- Star Valley Ranch [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star Valley Ranch
- Star Valley Ranch [Lincoln County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Etna
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,700 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star Valley Ranch
- Thayne [Lincoln County]
- Turnerville [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Turnerville
- Turnerville [Lincoln County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Etna
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Turnerville have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Turnerville
For more communities neighboring Etna, please visit our County-by-County Page for Etna.
Lincoln County ...
Etna is located in Lincoln County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Lincoln County: Bear Lake (ID), Bonneville (ID), Caribou (ID), Rich (UT), Sublette, Sweetwater, Teton & Uinta.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Etna ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Etna.
Airports Near Etna ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Etna and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Etna.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Etna ...
Looking for more information about Etna? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Etna. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Etna, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Etna.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Wyoming
About Lincoln County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Etna. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Lincoln County: www.co.lincoln.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Etna.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Etna) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Etna. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EtnaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Etna. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0333, Longitude: -111.0122 |
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Lincoln, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Etna), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|