Around Elk Mountain ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Saratoga. It is located about 25 miles [40 km] to the southwest of Elk Mountain. Saratoga has a population of 1,600 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Hanna.
It is located about 14 miles [ km] to the northwest of Elk Mountain and has a population of 760 people.
For comparison, Elk Mountain has a population of 180 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Centennial [Albany County]
- Encampment [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Encampment
- Encampment [Carbon County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Elk Mountain
- Population from the 2020 Census: 423 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Encampment
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Encampment<3>
- Grand Encampment [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grand Encampment
- Grand Encampment [Carbon County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Elk Mountain
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grand Encampment came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Encampment
- Hanna [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hanna
- Hanna [Carbon County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Elk Mountain
- Population from the 2020 Census: 757 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hanna
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hanna<3>
- Medicine Bow [Carbon County]
- Riverside [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverside
- Riverside [Carbon County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Elk Mountain
- Population from the 2020 Census: 53 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverside
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Riverside<3>
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Rock River [Albany County]
- Saratoga [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saratoga
- Saratoga [Carbon County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Elk Mountain
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,599 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saratoga
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saratoga<3>
- Sinclair [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sinclair
- Sinclair [Carbon County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the west of Elk Mountain
- Population from the 2020 Census: 389 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sinclair
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sinclair<3>
- Walcott [Carbon County]
For more communities neighboring Elk Mountain, please visit our County-by-County Page for Elk Mountain.
Carbon County ...
Elk Mountain is located in Carbon County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Carbon County: Jackson (CO), Moffat (CO), Routt (CO), Albany, Converse, Fremont, Natrona & Sweetwater.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Elk Mountain ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Elk Mountain.
Airports Near Elk Mountain ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Elk Mountain and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Elk Mountain.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Elk Mountain ...
Looking for more information about Elk Mountain? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Elk Mountain. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Elk Mountain, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Elk Mountain.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Wyoming
About Carbon County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Elk Mountain. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Elk Mountain.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Elk Mountain) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Elk Mountain. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Elk MountainOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Elk Mountain. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.6869, Longitude: -106.4134 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Carbon, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Elk Mountain), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|